In February 1946, five men had a dream of starting a sportsman club. Mose Raymond, Les Martin, Adhemar Lambert, Melvin Anderson, and Don Drummond met in Drummond’s basement and put together the foundation of what would become the Bradley Bourbonnais Sportsman Club. For fifty cents, a man could become a member, all the money earned was to go to bettering the club and conservation. In one year the membership had grown ten fold. As the numbers grew the club held meetings in one location and then another. First in their fundraising efforts was a stag that was held at the old Skyline Airport. The members also participated with the Bradley American Legion in serving chicken dinners on the Forth of July. The proceeds from both events were used towards purchasing the land for a clubhouse. In 1949 enough money had been raised to purchase the land, and in 1954 they began construction of the Bradley Bourbonnais Sportsman Club. On the edge of a bluff overlooking the Kankakee River the club house was completed. Also built at that time was a playground for the members children, a trap range was built for the members who liked to shoot.